Thursday, August 11, 2011

ready or not.


Today is the big day. The day I have been thinking about and planning for, for almost four months. Today I will get on a plane and leave the country and I will not be back in the states until December. At times I thought this day would never come, but it is crazy how fast it seems to have appeared. I have asked all the questions I can think of, I have packed my bags, and I have my passport is all laid out ready to go. The preparation on my end is done and now I get to sit back and walk confidently in the fact that the Lord has gone before me and He is going to go with me.

Going into mission trips I try not to create to many expectations in my head and since this experience is coming so soon after camp I really have not even had time to think about that. People have asked me how they can pray and my response is “just pray.”

Two nights ago as I sat at Kairos at Brentwood Baptist I read the words of a song as hundreds of people around me sang them so freely. I have heard the words before, but last night they became so real to me. As I thought about leaving and questioned what life in Peru is going to look like I began to pray they words over my trip.

Let love explode and bring the dead to life
A love so bold
To see a revolution somehow.

Let hope arise and make the darkness hide
My faith is dead
I need a resurrection somehow

Let Heaven roar and fire fall
Come shake the ground
With the sound of revival

As I leave today this is my prayer. Let love explode. Let hope rise. Let Heaven roar and fire fall. Let me see a revolution somehow. Thank you all for showing such amazing love and support as I have prepared to leave. I leave knowing that I will be thought of often and covered in prayer daily. And for that I am truly thankful.

2 comments:

  1. But Even If... (Nice)


    When you give your life to disciple making... you are a revolution, the hands and feet of Jesus spreading to the nations! Proud of you.

    In honor of you I reread a certain 10 page "goodbye letter" that I got from somebody special once. I love that she recounted all the mission trips we went on in that letter.

    Can't wait to hear how He shapes you and uses you for his glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you....Look forward to hearing what God will do though you!!!

    Roxanne Nanney

    ReplyDelete