Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bienvenidos al Perú

A week ago today I was boarding a plane in Atlanta for Santiago, Chile, where eight other Hands On students and I spent five days doing orientation.  We did everything from buying and preparing food from a local market, meeting random people at a local mall, to attending a local Spanish church service. We also got a lot of information about what the next four months are going to look like for each of us and tried to learn as much about South American culture as we could.  All in all it was a great time to bridge us into this new culture. Yesterday the nine of us all parted ways and flew to the places we will be serving the rest of the semester. I really enjoyed spending time with other Hands On students having fun, praying for and encouraging one another.



Pray for Greg (Far left): serving with his wife Shawn in Chile; Ellis, Caleb and Kristin (left): serving in Brazil; Becca, Lindsay, Kaleigh, and I (Girls in middle): serving in Peru; and Aaron and Barrett (Boys in back right): serving in Chile.

I will spend the next few days doing more orientation in Lima, Peru and on Monday we will all take a trip to the mountains to get Becca and I settled into our new home and ministry for the next several months. We are finding out more and more each day about what exactly our ministry will look like and it is very exciting. (I will post more soon, when things are really set.) I am looking forward to the things the Lord is going to do in and through me this semester in the high mountains of Peru.
From the ends of the earth I call to you,
I call as my heart grows faint;
lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
Psalm 61:2

2 comments:

  1. Praying this time of orientation and transition goes smoothly for you, and I am excited to hear about what God is going to do through you guys! Rachel Powell

    ReplyDelete