Saturday, October 22, 2011

Necesito más de ti


A couple Sundays ago we attended a small church in Recuay and at one point the pastor lead the congregation in a song that repeated the words, “Necesito más de ti” over and over. These words really stuck with me and as I sat in church meditating on them I realized that over the last eight, almost nine, weeks I have prayed these words many times, in English of course. 

When we show up to Javier and our class is not there and I am quick to get frustrated I pray, “God, I need more of you.” When I lead bible study and the point I want to get across does not get translated correctly I take a deep breath and I pray, “God, I need more of you.” When we show up to lead bible study and all the ladies are in the next town over and I begin to wonder if we are supposed to keep coming I pray, “God, I need more of you.” When we are thirty minutes late for teaching in Utcuyacu and I begin to think we should not even waste the time teaching today I pray, “God, I need more of you.” When I sit at the kitchen table in the morning over my bowl of oatmeal I pray, “God, I need more of you.” I have been blessed with the amount of time I have to spend with the Lord, relearning what His voice sounds like. But the more time I spend listening to the Lord the more I realize how much more I need Him. The more time I spend with Him the more I long for more time with Him. I am learning that I need less of myself everyday and I need more and more of Him. The only way that I am going to make it through the next seven weeks here is through the strength that the Lord provides through the Holy Spirit, His word, and the faithful prayer of  “Dios, yo necesito más de ti”.

“The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes. The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the Lord are sure and altogether righteous.”
Psalm 19:7-9

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you Megan. Your spiritual maturity is such a blessing in your mission efforts. God Bless. Charlotte Reeves, CBC.

    ReplyDelete