Thursday, September 29, 2011

Exactly What I Need


This past weekend Becca, Carmen, and I went with Tommy on a hiking adventure. We went to a place called Laguna Llaca, which is only an hour outside of Huaraz. It was absolutely beautiful and a pretty easy hike, exactly what I needed. We stood on a glacier, went in an ice cave, and heard an avalanche.




When we planned and set out on this adventure I did not know how much I would need it. Pretty early into the trip, however, I discovered that it was just what I needed. I needed some fresh air, and some new scenery. I need to spend the night away from Recuay. I needed to see and explore some of the beauty of Peru. I needed a fresh perspective. I needed to feel small next to the mountains. I needed some good laughs and some good conversation. I needed a reminder that I serve a sovereign God. I needed a reminder that I am exactly where God wants me. I am thankful that I serve a God who knows exactly what I need even when I do not.

The LORD is gracious and righteous;
our God is full of compassion.
The LORD protects the simplehearted;
when I was in great need, he saved me.
Be at rest once more, O my soul.
for the LORD has been good to you.
Psalm 116:5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment